SAVED by Grace
SENT by the Spirit
SHARE the Good News
SERVE our Neighbors
Sunday Worship Times
Calendar of Events
Friday, April 18
June 27-29: High School Youth Retreat at Deep Creek Lake
Help St. Paul's Beautiful Grounds Ready For Spring!
News From St. Paul's Social Ministry
- Six Sundays of Summer Service: Choose one of the six Sundays of summer service projects (any Sunday June-August). Volunteers needed: 6. Volunteers can be a family or group of people that coordinate one Sunday as a group.
- Rummage Sale: Date is open.
- Coordinator for May service project
- Coordinator for September service project
- Coordinator for Silent Auction: November
- Coordinator for canned food drive: November
- Coordinator for Gifts of Hope: December
- Coordinator for Christmas sponsorship for shelter men
- Picking up food at D.C. food bank for food pantry.
- Mentoring St. Paul's shelter residents.
- Helping with food pantry.
- Making shelter meals.
Consider a 'Carbon Fast' This Lent
As we enter into the Lenten season, please consider a "Carbon Fast"! It's "a great way to make small personal changes, while also drawing attention to our society's unsustainable love affair with carbon." What is it? A carbon fast means that you participate in self-imposed restrictions on your use of energy to raise your own self awareness of climate change and energy consumption.
Here are some things you can do:
- Turn off your lights for one hour every day.
- Buy local goods and products, which don't have to travel far to get to your table.
- Unplug your electronics and appliances when not in use.
- Reduce your speed while driving and/or utilize public transportation.
Lenten Devotional Center
As St. Paul's begins its Lenten journey you are encouraged to look over the devotional materials that will be located in the portico starting on March 9. You will find Lenten devotional booklets for adults, families, youth, and Lenten activity materials for the younger children. Please look over the items and take the devotionals home with you. May the booklets serve as a source of spiritual guidance throughout the forty days of your Lenten journey to the Cross.